Being acountable for my actions, life and outcomes? (Part 2)Feb 11, 2023
The serenity prayer
Accountability is summed up beautifully in the serenity prayer - God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.
I happened recently on a version of the ‘accountable’ serenity prayer the other day - “God, grant me the serenity to accept the people I cannot change, the courage to change the person I can, and the wisdom to know its me”
If I bring in a spiritual aspect, even the bible in Ep 6:10-18 it talks about putting on the full armour of God, but notice it says that WE must put on the full armour of God, WE need to be responsible for putting on the armour, WE can’t hope and pray for someone else to put on or wear the armour, WE need to take accountability
The way I see it is, you can either be a victim to whatever tragedy / incident has happened or you can rise above it and be a victor - it's your choice.
The difference between a victim and a victor is how they ask one simple question
- Victim - why me - why is this happening to me, why do things always go wrong for me, why does everyone else have good luck
- Victor - why did this happen to me…what lesson is it teaching me? How can I conquer this circumstance, not allow it to drag me down, but allow it to raise me up and benefit others. There must be a reason, something to learn
10 emotions of power
Can I give you my top 10 emotions of power to help you get and stay powerful:
- Love and warmth - all communication is either a loving response or a cry for help - no matter what someone comes at you with, if you return it with love and warmth, their state of mind will change
- Appreciation and gratitude - live with an attitude of gratitude, there is always something to be thankful for, even if it is that “we are above ground”
- Curiosity - why? why? why? - life becomes an unending study of joy
- Excitement and passion - passion can turn any challenge into a tremendous opportunity. Find things that create passion and help keep your energy high - for me, I love the Tomorrowland app & standing whilst presenting when I need to show some passion
- Determination - having a willingness to do whatever it takes, to act in spite of fear is the basis of courage. With determination, we can accomplish anything, without it we are doomed to frustration & disappointment - BUT - we need to check we are being curious in our determination - why smash through a wall when a little to the left might be a door!
- Flexibility - the ability to change our approach - be curious - there will be times when we are faced with things we are not able to control, that’s ok, focus on what we can control or influence
- Confidence - sometimes we need the power of faith - confidence enables us to experiment with unknown situations - practise being confident “fake it till you make it”
- Cheerfulness - cheerfulness helps our self esteem, makes life more fun & makes the people around us feel happy too, it can help break through fear, frustration, disappointment
- Vitality - taking care of our physical body as all emotions are directed through our bodies - breathing, exercise, sleep, eating well - if we put diesel in a petrol engine it doesn’t work so well, same goes for food, if we fill our bodies with unhealthy and processed food it also doesn’t work so well
- Contribution - the secret to living is giving - adding to someone else’s life is magical - but not at the expense of looking after ourselves Galatians 6:9 - “and let us not become weary in doing good”
My 3 biggest takeaways:
- When reacting to situations, ask yourself whether you are wearing accountable glasses or the victim glasses?
- How can you be more curious to move from victim to a more accountable place?
- The pathway to freedom begins when we face the problem without making excuses for it - our life will not get straightened out until our mind does
Are you feeling overwhelmed and stuck in the same routines? Have you been struggling to find a way to reset and break out of the same old habits?
Now is the time to take action and make a change! Purchase my course, The 28-Day Reset Challenge, for only £99 (or 3 x £33) and get the tools and resources you need to reset your life and reach your goals. 28-Day RESET Challenge
The 28-Day Reset Challenge offers the following benefits:
- A step-by-step guide to help you reset your life, take control of your mind, get clarity on your purpose, and get rid of the stuff holding you back
- Access to exclusive resources and tools
- Support from a community of like-minded individuals
Here's what others have said - This course is fantastic / it's full of wisdom that helped to shift my mindset around my deeply held limiting beliefs / working with Jules and The Reset Challenge has literally saved my life / I’ve gained tools, ideas and motivation / every day I uncover and learn more / I’m starting to live again, instead of just existing / as each session completes, I am connecting more dots in my life / the content is so valuable.
Take action now and purchase The 28-Day Reset Challenge for only £99 (3 x £33)! 28-Day RESET Challenge.
Thanks, to your freedom and success
Founder, The RESET Challenge
Would you like to learn more about the 28-Day RESET Challenge?