Harness your energy to power changeOct 17, 2022
What if there was a better way
We all have the power to change our life. Anyone can change their life if they want to - it may not be easy, BUT it is possible if you harness your power within.
Harness your power to make change
We are continuing the series - 10 steps to change anything and this week we are looking at Week 2 - Harness the power to control
Before I dive straight in, a couple of updates:
- So far I have been about 3 weeks doing the daily Wim Hof daily cold shower routine, I am seeing so many benefits from this - I am generally warmer during the day and it seems to really focus my mind before starting the day
- I am investigating a new platform to host The 28-day RESET challenge, the RESET membership space and the RESET community space - it's on a platform called Kajabi. If you have not heard all about The 28-day RESET challenge, you can check it out at www.reset-reimagine.com. More to come in the following weeks......
We are the one that created our own lives.
You are where you are right now because at some point in your life, you made certain decisions, and that is why you ended up where you are today. And that means you are the ONE who is responsible for your life. You are the one who is creating your life.
Think about it, why are you reading this blog right now? Because you decided to do so. Can you choose not to read it? Of course, you can, the decision is in your hands.
Therefore, we all have the ability to choose how we want to live.
If you are not satisfied with your life right now, you can make the decision to change. If you don’t like your job right now, you can choose to leave and do something else, if you don't like your addiction or destructive habit, you can make the decision to quit.
Well, you may say that you have commitments and family to feed, or it is easier said than done. You are right, but, please understand that you are the one who chooses to stay because you are the one who refuses to change.
You have to understand that you are the one who is in control of your life.
Take Full Responsibility
One of the most powerful lessons I learned from Jack Canfield is to take full responsibility for my life.
In his book, The Success Principles, the first and the most important principle introduced by Jack is to take responsibility for everything you do in life.
Most of the things happened to us because of what we did previously. Of course, there are things that are out of our control, such as rain, economic downturn, or the death of someone.
However, it doesn’t mean that our lives are controlled by those events. We can choose how we want to respond to whatever happens to us.
You need to learn this formula:
Event + Response = Outcome
When you are stuck in a traffic congestion, choose to respond in a positive way. You can take responsibility for going out late or fail to properly plan your trip instead of blaming the traffic and complaining about it.
Most people choose to avoid responsibility and they respond in a negative way.
They choose to complain, and they play the blame game…
- They blame the traffic when they are late.
- They blame their government for having no savings in the bank.
- They blame the economy when their share prices went down.
- They blame their boss for not getting a raise.
Thus, stop playing the blame game and learn to take full responsibility from now on. Learn to control your responses.
Rather than letting the situation defines you, choose to define the situation.
“I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.”
When you fail in something, whether that is a failed business, failed relationship or a recovery relapse, choose to respond in a positive way.
Ask yourself empowering questions:
- “What can I learn from this?”
- “What went wrong and how can I improve?”
- “Where can I do better?”
The key is to take 100% responsibility for your life so that you can have the power to change.
When you blame, deny, complain or avoid responsibility, you are giving away your power to control and change the situation.
Think about it, what can you do if you keep blaming and complaining about how bad life is? Nothing.
Instead, take full responsibility and choose to respond in a positive way.
Tell yourself this is just where you are right now. Where you are right now is not your destiny. The tough situation you are facing right now is not your life, but part of your life.
When you understand that you are the one who has the power to change and create your life, things will start to change because your perspective changed.
Things will not change unless you first change. And for you to change, you must take full responsibility for your life.
- Decide today that you will take 100% responsibility for your life.
- Stop playing the blame game and don’t make lousy excuses.
- Apply the Event + Response = Outcome formula to your life. Understand that you may not able to control everything in your life, but you can definitely choose how to respond to it.
- Share this blog with someone who needs to hear this, perhaps they are struggling with a change or a destructive habit or an addiction, and this blog might be what nudges them to take action
Once you take full responsibility for your life, you will gain back control. And when you are in control of your life, you can make real changes.
Are there any situations where you need to make a change?
Perhaps you have a secret destructive habit you are not sure how or when to quit - DM me or check out the website www.reset-reimagine.com so I can have the honour of serving you in your path to freedom.
Many guests have found the confidence, ability and inspiration to make a change and find freedom from a destructive secret habit by joining the 28 day RESET challenge - perhaps this could be your ticket to freedom and living your dream life again.
If you are struggling with the thought of making changes, or not sure where to begin, perhaps its time to try the 28 day RESET challenge - you can access the challenge here - https://resetyourlife.passion.io/checkout/59798
Passionately in freedom
Founder The 28 day RESET challenge
Would you like to learn more about the 28-Day RESET Challenge?